How To Make A Tofu Plaster For High Fevers
By Kelly Love |
When anyone in our family gets a HIGH fever, we use this trick Marilee taught us to help soothe and bring it down. Remember, in general fevers are good! It’s the way our bodies respond and fight infection. We only recommend bringing down a fever if it goes beyond what your doctor determines is too high. The tofu/ginger plaster has a powerful cooling effect.
What You’ll Need:
- 8-10oz block of firm tofu
- 1-2 Tbsp Flour
Here’s how to make a tofu plaster!
- Cut tofu block into squares (we did 16 here)
- Grate ginger (enough to equal one tofu piece)
- Mash up the tofu
- Add in ginger and mix together
- Knead the mixture a few minutes
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of flour & continue to mix
- Add water if necessary to get mixture to stick
- Make a patty on a cloth
- Place directly on the forehead (lasts up to 2-3 hours)
Watch how I make a tofu plaster here!
Kelly is proof that switching to a pure, natural lifestyle is powerful even for those who consider themselves healthy. She’s experienced how much our everyday choices impact our quality of life and is passionate about helping others see and feel the connection. She lives in Jackson, Mississippi with her husband and two daughters.