Branch Basics Laundry Instructions
By Marilee Nelson |
Branch Basics Laundry: STANDARD MachinesFor top-loading machines, add one scoop of Oxygen Boost to your drum before loading laundry. Then add 3/4-1 capful of the Laundry Solution to your washing machine as it fills with water. Add your laundry and wash as you normally would.
Branch Basics Laundry: Front-Loading MachinesFor HE (High Efficiency), first add one scoop of Oxygen Boost to the drum before loading laundry. Then pour a 3/4-1 capful of the Laundry Solution directly into the dispenser drawer. Add your laundry and wash as your normally would. Note: local water quality varies by municipality and regions; “hard” water (high in minerals) will require more Concentrate than “soft” water. For more tips on using Branch Basics cleaning concentrate with hard water, check out Optimize Your Branch Basics Cleaning Experience.
Pretreat Stains. Add 1/2 - 1 t. Concentrate or 2-4 ounces of All-Purpose solution to hot OR cold water in bucket or washing machine. Soak for 15-30 minutes or more…this does the cleaning! Agitate and rinse well or wash in the gentle cycle.
StainsFor stains, or particularly greasy laundry, pre-treat by spraying All-Purpose on the stain, agitating, then, if necessary soaking 15 minutes to overnight. Machine wash per instructions above. If stain is not gone - do not put in dryer. Repeat process or for extra stain boosting power, add a sprinkle of Oxygen Boost to the stain and wet with All Purpose spray, agitate, and follow same procedure. See our full Stainmaster Guide to learn the ins and outs of many common (but tricky) stains. Again, hard water may make a difference in your cleaning experience. For best results, pre-treat stains with Branch Basics Concentrate that is diluted with distilled or filtered water rather than tap water. For more information, check out Optimize Your Branch Basics Cleaning Experience.
Whitening and BrighteningFor extra whitening and brightening, we recommend teaming Branch Basics Concentrate with one of the following to help keep whites white and to brighten clothes:
- Branch Basics Oxygen Boost: 1 scoop (included) per load - great for neutralizing odors, deodorizing, whitening, and brightening
- baking soda:½ to 1 cup per load to neutralize odors, soften fabrics, and boost cleaning
- “20 Mule Team Borax”: ½ - 1 cup per load
- Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda Detergent Booster: ½ cup per load
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide—for white loads ONLY: 1 cup per load
- For top-loading machines: add whites and water, then pour in 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Agitate a bit, and let soak several hours, then wash.
- For front loaders follow same instructions in a sink, then add to your machine.
- *Caveat*: The peroxide will bleach other clothes! Branch Basics Oxygen Boost is a safe way to brighten and whiten without bleach.
Marilee Nelson is an Environmental Toxins expert who has spent nearly 30 years advocating for the chemically-sensitive and chronically-ill. She is a Board Certified Nutritionist, Certified Bau-Biologist and Bau-Biology Inspector and specializes in Food As Medicine. She has helped thousands of families and individuals identify, heal and recover from toxic exposures and is on a mission to revolutionize the way American families view their health.