Our Favorite Gifts for New Moms
By allison evans |
- Branch Basics - From cleaning Baby’s sheets, clothes and towels to getting out poop and spit-up stains, it’s simply the safest and the most effective cleaner for a new family!
- Salt lamps - A fabulous gift because not only do salt lamps emit health-giving negative ions, but they make the perfect soft light for night nursing. (And who doesn’t love the look and glow of a salt lamp?)
- Anti-Radiation Headphones - I’m a big proponent of limiting screen and cell phone time as much as possible while holding Baby, but if you have to take a call or want to listen to music, a podcast, etc., these are helpful to to limit radiation in lieu of holding the phone to your head.
- Blublockers - Perfect for all those nightly wake-ups! These glasses block the blue light that studies show disrupts sleep and circadian rhythms, which is not what us new moms need!
- Primally Pure - Such a wonderful line of body care for Mom (and Baby!) I personally adore their dry shampoo, deodorant and Everything Spray, especially on days that don’t allow for a shower!
- Coyuchi Flannel Sleep Shirt - Nursing requires easy access, and these pajamas are that and much more! Pesticide-free, comfy and absolutely yummy, Mom will wear and appreciate this way beyond those Baby days!
- NaturalMat Organic Mattress - I can’t emphasize enough the importance of Baby sleeping on a mattress free of flame retardants, biocides and other toxic materials. This is a great gift to split as a group and will last for many years! This is our favorite brand.
- Burt’s Bees Baby - I was thrilled to find a line of organic, inexpensive pajamas, and stocked up on zipper onesies because, well, who has time for snaps!? They also have organic crib sheets, changing table covers and washcloths.
- Wild Bird Sling - I’m a huge fan of wearing Baby as often and as long as possible, and I love this company, what they stand for...and their fabrics are sooo beautiful.
Nourish the New Family
- Hu Chocolate Bars - Super healthy and delicious chocolate...the perfect way to satisfy cravings and combat those sleep deprived early days!
- Bulletproof Coffee - The only one that’s truly mold-free, Bulletproof coffee is the perfect way to start the day. Decaf is great, too, if Mom is breastfeeding and Baby is sensitive, and emulsified with their high-quality MCT Oil is the only way I drink mine!
- Green Chef Delivery - Organic, easy-to-make and truly delicious, who wouldn’t appreciate their dinner ingredients arriving fresh at the doorstep!?
Little Labors of Love
- Bone Broth - If you have the time, make Mama some bone broth! The healing and restorative benefits are out the roof, and if she’s breastfeeding, Baby reaps them, too.
- Lactation Balls - These easy-to-make treats can boost milk supply, but even if Mom isn’t able to breastfeed, they are delicious! I like rolling mine in coconut flakes and gifting them in a glass ball jar with a ribbon.
New Mama Reads
- The First Forty Days - This book exemplifies the best way to nourish and love on Mom through food, honoring her body with healing recipes to enjoy during this all-important “fourth trimester”.
- The Attachment Parenting Book - I loved referring to this book when I felt unsure about meeting my daughter’s needs. It reaffirmed my instincts to put aside schedules and training, and take this time to focus in, attend to and nurture my baby day and night.
What are your favorite gifts for new mamas? Tell us below!
Allison has dedicated herself to helping others reap the benefits of clean living. She, along with her husband and two daughters left Houston for the country life as she heals from a recent mold exposure and diagnosis of chronic Lyme disease. Follow her story on our Instagram and read more about her Journey to Fertility.