- WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE?
Our plant- and mineral-based ingredient list starts with reverse osmosis purified water. Purified water is essential to the integrity of our end product. Common tap water is full of pollutants.
Purified Water, Coco Glucoside (Sugar-Based Cleanser), Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract*, Decyl Glucoside (Sugar-Based Cleanser), Sodium Citrate (Food-Grade Emulsifier), Lauryl Glucoside (Sugar-Based Cleanser), Sodium Bicarbonate (Food-Grade Baking Soda), Sodium Phytate (Plant-Based Antioxidant), Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit (Soapberry) Extract*.
- WHAT SETS BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE APART FROM OTHER CLEANERS?
- Safety – Every step we took to create Branch Basics Concentrate was driven by the core concept “Primum non nocere”, which is Latin for “first, do no harm.” Your health is our priority! The result is a hypoallergenic*, fragrance-free**, gluten-free*, tree nut- and peanut-free* plant- and mineral-based cleaning product that works! It is has no harmful preservatives, stabilizers, brighteners, chelators, or surfactants. Branch Basics concentrate can even be used by the chemically sensitive and those with compromised immune systems.
- Versatility – Branch Basics Concentrate allows you to simplify your life by replacing all toxic cleaning products with just one product, saving time, energy and money. It can tackle every cleaning job you have with absolute safety. From glass cleaners to heavy duty grease removal, it is multifaceted enough to do every imaginable cleaning job you have.
- Effectiveness – Branch Basics Concentrate is a multitasking powerhouse, tough enough to dissolve car engine grease, yet safe and gentle enough to wash a baby. Use it to tackle dirt, dust, grease, grime, and even the toxic residues left behind by other cleaners. We use ingredients you can trust, down to the last drop. And the best part? It works!
- Protection – Removing products that are harmful from the home and instead using Branch Basics Concentrate reduces immune stress on the body. Studies have shown that having toxic products in the home create unhealthy air quality. Eliminating them and using Branch Basics can reduce vulnerability to colds, flu, allergens, and provide protection from illness in the future. This is true proactive preventative healthcare for your family.
- IS BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE HYPOALLERGENIC?
Yes, Branch Basics Concentrate ingredients were chosen with the most sensitive in mind, from babies and the elderly to people with peanut and tree nut sensitivities, skin and respiratory issues, chemical sensitivities and compromised immune systems. Hypoallergenic, means that the majority of people should not have an allergic reaction to the ingredients in this product. There are no common allergens such as wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, citrus, nightshades, peanuts, and tree nuts, or harmful chemicals. We avoided synthetic preservatives, as they are considered by dermatological associations to be the number one cause of contact dermatitis. This does not mean an ingredient will never cause an allergic reaction in any person, as any ingredient could be a potential allergen for someone. People with known skin and inhalant allergies should test carefully and consult with their doctor to choose products that are best for them.
- IS BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE CONSIDERED FRAGRANCE-FREE AS WELL AS UNSCENTED?
Yes, we purposefully chose ingredients that are classified as fragrance-free and didn’t add anything to mask the natural smell of the formula, therefore it is unscented. We wanted to keep the formula safe even for extremely chemically-sensitive and immune-compromised individuals. But what does fragrance-free and unscented really mean? There is a lot of confusion about these terms because virtually every natural substance has at least a slight smell. Because of this, one of our biggest challenges in deciding on a formula was creating one that once sprayed it had absolutely no lingering odor. We performed time-lapse tests in small enclosed areas to make sure that there would be no trace of any scent after an area was cleaned. Our goal was for anyone who is immune-challenged or ill to not detect any smell from the cleaning process.
- IS BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE NON-GMO?
Yes! Independent, third-party test verified that there are no GMOs from corn nor corn/maize DNA detectable in our Concentrate. The decyl glucoside we are currently using is corn-based, but testing revealed that the processing involved in creating our formula eliminates the presence of even the corn/maize DNA. If you have an allergy to corn, we suggest you order a 2 oz. All-Purpose to test, even though the testing says no corn DNA is detected.
- WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND IF I AM EXTREMELY CHEMICALLY SENSITIVE?
Even though we have taken every step we could to create a product that works even for very sensitive people, we recommend you take these steps if you have extreme respiratory and/or skin issues.
Before buying a large 33 oz. bottle:
- Order a small quantity at first (2 oz. All-Purpose Spray) if you think you could be sensitive.
- When you receive your order, unpack your box outside as some people have reactions to odors picked up by the box and packing materials from shipping.
- Remove the product from the packaging materials
- If possible, let the bottle sit outside in the sun a few hours. If that option is not available set aside in an isolated room a couple of days.
- When testing the All-Purpose Spray, consciously don’t breathe in while spraying to avoid inhaling the aerosolized spray. This is a recommended good practice for anyone even if the formula doesn’t seem to bother you.
- WHAT PRESERVATIVE IS USED IN BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE?
It was important to us to avoid the use of any type of alcohol or typically used harmful antimicrobials such as methylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate. Several ingredients in our formula, including chamomile, contribute to its preservation. It is the combination of ingredients, amounts used, and the formula’s pH, that ultimately result in a stable, preserved product.
- DOES BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE KILL BACTERIA, VIRUSES AND MOLD?
In order to make claims of killing or sanitizing or being deemed an “antibacterial” formula, a product must contain a registered EPA pesticide. Because we are unwilling to jeopardize the integrity of our formula’s purity and safety such claims cannot be made. However, Branch Basics Concentrate falls under the CDC’s (Center for Disease Control) statement that the best way to get rid of germs is to wash your hands for 20 seconds with a pure soap or cleaning formula designed for hand washing such as ours. They are even recommending this procedure over a product with an EPA-registered pesticide because of the mounting problem of antibiotic resistance.
- IS BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE TESTED ON ANIMALS?
No, we do not test Branch Basics Concentrate on animals. But, we do recommend using it on animals! Branch Basics is kind to life, friendly to people and animals when used as directed.
- WHAT KIND OF BOTTLE DO YOU USE? DO THEY CONTAIN BPA?
Our bottles are made of #1 plastic known as PETE or PET and are phthalate-free and BPA-free.
- I USE VINEGAR AND WATER, WHY SHOULD I SWITCH TO BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE?
Branch Basics is formulated especially to avoid irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, skin and respiratory tract. Vinegar releases acetic acid into the air. From the Occupational Health Guideline for Acetic Acid: “Acetic acid vapors cause irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs. Inhalation of concentrated vapors may cause serious damage to the lining of the nose, throat and lungs. Delayed breathing difficulties can occur.” This is especially important information to know if you have a baby or young children, are elderly, or someone in the household that has asthma, bronchitis, or chronic illness etc. as they are more vulnerable to this irritant. In addition, if a lot of vinegar is used for cleaning and there is not proper ventilation, over time the acetic acid will corrode soft metals like copper and brass and can cause problems with the HVAC system (the lungs of the house!) as the acetic acid passes through the air ducts.
But for avid vinegar and water users, not to fret! This is a much better alternative than most “green” cleaners. The caveat comes down to how you use it. If vinegar is used, it’s best to ventilate and avoid enclosed spaces as the fumes can build up and potentially irritate lungs, especially those of the little ones and immune compromised.
Finally, Branch Basics Concentrate is much more versatile. It can be used as a hand wash, stain remover, vegetable wash, etc. in addition to household cleaning.
How To Use
- ARE THERE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MIXING?
Yes, there are suggested uses and fill lines clearly marked on our spray and foamer bottles for easy diluting. You can also check out our full User Guide for more info. There are endless amounts of uses and much room for error (exact measurements aren’t necessary!).
- WHAT IF I HAVE THE OLD SPRAY BOTTLES AND NEW CONCENTRATE?
Our new concentrate works with our old spray bottles. Just fill your spray bottles with the new formula according to the fill lines and you are ready to go! We love that customers want to keep reusing bottles and save plastic.
- CAN I USE MY OWN BOTTLES?
Yes, you can certainly use your own bottles. Here are the dilution ratios:
- All-Purpose: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 11 parts water
- Bathroom: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 5 parts water
- Streak-Free: 1 drop Branch Basics Concentrate to 24 oz. distilled water
- Foaming Wash: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 4 parts water
- Laundry: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 2 parts water
- CAN I ADD ESSENTIAL OILS TO BRANCH BASICS?
Yes, you can add essential oils to Branch Basics without adversely affecting how it works. We recommend using only wildcrafted or high-quality, organic essential oils processed without solvents. However, if there is anyone chronically ill or immune-challenged in the home, it is best to go without, as the scent can trigger an immune response. If you choose to add essential oils, be aware that the products may now be irritating to the eyes, skin and lungs. Also, do not be alarmed if the solution turns slightly cloudy. Most importantly, be sure to keep out of reach of children.
- IS BRANCH BASICS SAFE FOR HE WASHING MACHINES?
Yes! For an HE washing machine, it is important to put your Laundry solution into the dispenser. If extra whitening or brightening is desired, add Oxygen Boost to the drum before adding clothes.
- CAN I USE BRANCH BASICS IN THE DISHWASHER?
Yes! We’ve found that the hardness/softness of your water plays a key factor in determining how much concentrate to use and how to add it. If you have hard water, add more concentrate; if you find BB leaves streaks, decrease the amount of concentrate used. Experiment with the following options to see what works best for you:
- Use 1-2 tsp. of Concentrate in the reservoir on dishwasher door just as you would with any automatic dishwashing detergent.
- Mix 1-2 tsp. Concentrate in one cup of water and toss solution over the top rack (i.e., skip the detergent dispenser).
- Simply toss the 1-2 tsp. Concentrate onto the top rack unmixed.
- If you think you have hard water, we recommend reading more about how to best use Branch Basics Concentrate with hard water here: Optimize Your Branch Basics Cleaning Experience.
- If you still see food on your dishes after you run a dishwasher cycle, add more Concentrate.
- WHAT IF MY FOAMING WASH PUMP IS STICKING?
Simply remove the pump from the bottle, and flush it with warm WATER (20 pumps, 5 upside down to drain) and then VINEGAR (20 pumps, 5 upside down to drain). Once the pump is dry it should work like new. If that’s not the case please let us know, and we’ll send you a replacement.
- BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE SEEMS EXPENSIVE. HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO OTHER PRODUCTS?
Au contraire! Remember that we sell our formula in concentrated form. Buying Branch Basics for your home may save you as much as half of your yearly cleaning budget. The average cost of 24 oz. “green” cleaners – many of which still contain harmful chemicals – is $6.18, and their uses are very limited. A 33 oz. bottle of Branch Basics Concentrate can make the following:
- 3 All-Purpose bottles (24 oz.) at $2.90 each
- 3 Bathroom bottles (24 oz.) at $5.80 each
- 3 Streak-Free bottles (24 oz.) at $0.20 each
- 3 Foaming Wash bottles (10 oz.) at $2.90 each
- 64 laundry loads at $0.24 per load
Also, while we recommend an All-Purpose dilution, most jobs can be cleaned effectively with much more water, bringing the average cost per ounce even lower. Finally, think of all the products you can replace with this one Concentrate: cleaners, de-greasers, produce wash, laundry detergents and body soaps.
- HOW LONG WILL 33 OZ OF THE CONCENTRATE LAST?
It depends on what you use it for, how often you clean, and the size of your home and family. Customers that use it for EVERYTHING (laundry, hand & body wash, kitchen, dishes, bathroom, floors, produce, etc.) go through 33 oz. in about 2-4 months If you’re just using it to make spray bottles for general cleaning, it will last longer.
- IS BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE ECO-FRIENDLY?
Yes, yes, YES! Its biodegradable, our ingredients are from the earth and are all welcomed back there! Also, by using one product to replace virtually all other cleaners, and then refilling the spray and foamer bottles with concentrate, you avoid unnecessary waste of empty plastic cleaning bottles.
- IS BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE SAFE FOR SEPTIC SYSTEMS?
Yes! Branch Basics Concentrate is a great solution for homes that use septic systems.
Still have unanswered questions? Contact us.