SO NOW WHAT?
If you’ve reached this step, you deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS! Your body thanks you! (And so should all of those who live with you.) The body is a brilliant, self-healing machine if given the right conditions, a big one being the purity of the air we breathe. Some of the biggest culprits to our home’s air quality are toxic cleaning products, so now that you (quite literally) have a clean slate, don’t settle for less. Choose safe, healthy alternatives to clean up your home. The good news is you don’t need an army of different products! Simplify and get back to basics.
We mentioned in our first post that we would be sharing information about pesticides and non-toxic alternatives. Details are at the bottom of this post.
DO BUY products that are:
HUMAN-SAFE & PLANT-BASED Replace all toxic household cleaning products with ones that are human-safe, when possible, especially when there are immune compromised individuals, young children or babies in the home
+ not an eye irritant
+ not a skin irritant
+ not a lung irritant
+plant and mineral based
DON’T BUY products that have:
+ Signal words like CAUTION, WARNING, OR DANGER
+ petroleum based ingredients + antibacterial agents
+ parabens, phthalates, SLS
+ synthetic fragrances
+ synthetic preservatives such as methylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate, & potassium sorbate
Our top suggestion for your replacement? Well, Branch Basics of course!
WHY BRANCH BASICS?
Our products are truly safe for your entire family even those family members that are chemically sensitive! All of our ingredients are rated a 1 on EWG.(Read about the Journey to Our New Formula here.) Branch Basics Concentrate is a non-toxic, safe and powerful concentrated cleaning formula that can be diluted for virtually any cleaning use – from dishes, windows and laundry to veggies, face and pets!
BRANCH BASICS CONCENTRATE IS…
+ POWERFUL & VERSATILE: it can replace almost all cleaning products
+ AN INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH CLEANER: it’s effective without polluting the air or leaving a toxic residue
+ STRONG YET GENTLE: use it to dissolve car engine grease or clean your produce, and it’s even safe for people with chemical sensitivities
+ AN AIR QUALITY IMPROVER: use Branch Basics to remove toxic residues and pesticides, instead of conventional cleaners which add toxins to the air
+ GREAT FOR LAUNDRY: in addition to cleaning your home, you can replace your laundry detergents with Branch Basics!
BRANCH BASICS HAND WASH
Branch Basics Concentrate made into our Foaming Wash falls under the CDC’s (Center for Disease Control) statement that the best way to get rid of germs is to wash your hands for 20 seconds with a pure soap or cleaning formula designed for hand washing such as ours. They are even recommending this procedure over a product with an EPA-registered pesticide because of the mounting problem of antibiotic resistance.
BRANCH BASICS IS:
+ plant & mineral based
+ free of synthetic fragrances
+ free of synthetic preservatives & alcohols
USE BRANCH BASICS AS:
+ all-purpose cleaner
+ window cleaner
+ oven cleaner
+ counter cleaner
+ bathroom cleaner
+ stain remover
+ odor neutralizer
+ hand wash
+ floor cleaner
+ stainless steel cleaner
See full user guide here.
Don’t take it just from us, read some of our customer testimonials!
- “SO glad you’re back!!! I used your product to clean my tub before taking a bath and it was so nice to know there was no risk if didn’t manage to get every trace of cleaner rinsed out before I bathed. Thank you for creating a safe product!”
- “LOVE branch basics!! I love being able to safely clean every surface and even have my 1 year old help me clean – he loves it!”
- “LOVING the new formula. I literally can’t stop cleaning!”
- “Husband used the bathroom solution on carpet this morning to get out soot from embers falling out of woodstove. He said it worked great!
Me: Of course it does! **wink**”
- “Love your products, thank you so much for creating them and helping us live a healthier life!! :)”
- “Wonderful product and always amazed by all it can be used on. :)”
- “I love your all purpose cleaner for cleaning my bathtub after the kids take a bath. Dirt and grime come right off!”
- “Love your products and am so glad that you are back up and running. I especially like the streak free solution. It’s the best thing I’ve found for cleaning my ceramic stovetop”
A NOTE ON PESTICIDES
Countless studies link pesticide exposure to cancer, tumor formation, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ADHD, infertility, miscarriage, and birth defects. They have the potential to harm the endocrine system, reproductive system, and nervous system. For further information see Remove Pesticides from You Home in 8 Simple Steps, as well as Integrated Pest Management: An Inexpensive, Safe & Sensible Way to Avoid Pests.
We are so glad you have taken the first steps to create a healthy home with our #NewYearHomeCleanse! Over the next few months, we will be sharing more steps you can take on the journey to a healthier home. We hope you will join us for our full series!